Tissue Collection & Preservation Bibliography
with the Automated Preservation System (APS) & Neuroscience Research Laboratory System
(Published/Presented Clinical Data Last Updated 03/20/23)
- Alomari S, Kedda J, Malla AP, Pacis V, Anastasiadis P, Xu S, et al. Implementation of minimally invasive brain tumor resection in rodents for high viability tissue collection. J Vis Exp. 2022; 183:e64048. https://doi.org/10.3791/64048
- Packer RA, Engel S. Onscreen-guided brain tumor resection through registration of a variable-suction tissue resection device with a neuronavigation system. Presented at the Annual Forum of the American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine. June 4, 2015. J Vet Intern Med. 2015; 29(4):1257-1283. https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/jvim.13002
- Packer RA, Engel S. Technical report: registration of a variable-suction tissue resection device with a neuronavigation system for onscreen-guided brain tumor resection. Presented at 2014 Vet Cancer Society Meeting.
- Thomovsky SA, Packer RA, Lambrechts NE, Moore GE. Canine intervertebral disc fenestration using a vacuum-assisted tissue resection device. Veterinary Surgery. 2012; 41(8):1011-1017. https://dx.doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-950X.2012.01060.x
- Owen T, Dupre G. Exoscopy in Small Animal Surgery – General Utilization and Pituitary Surgery. Wiley Online Library. 2021. http://doi.org/10.1002/9781119666912.ch39
- Grabowski MM, Watson DC, Chung K, Lee J, Bayik D, Lauko A, et al. Spatial immunosampling of MRI-defined glioblastoma regions reveals immunologic fingerprint of non-contrast enhancing, infiltrative tumor margins. medRxiv. 2023. Pre-Proof.
- Das A, Gunasekaran A, Stephens HR, Mark J, Lindhorst SM, Cachia D, et al. Establishing a standardized method for the effective intraoperative collection and biological preservation of brain tumor tissue samples using a novel tissue preservation system: a pilot study. World Neurosurgery. 2022; In Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.wneu.2022.01.030
- Das A, Gunasekaran A, Stephens HR, Sekerak P, Mark J, McDonald DG, et al. Automated intraoperative resection technology generates increased tissue yield and improved preservation of brain tumor specimens for neuro-oncology research. Neuro-Oncology. 2022; 24(7):vii234.
- Watson DC, Bayik D, Grabowski M, Ahluwalia M, Mohammadi A, Lathia JD. High-dimensional analysis of spatial immune cell heterogeneity in glioblastoma reveals differences between contrast-enhancing and non-contrast enhancing tumor rims. Neuro-Oncology Advances. 2021; 3(2):ii10.
- Zusman E, Sidorov M, Ayala, A, Chang J, Singer E, Chen M, et al. Tissues harvested using an automated surgical approach confirm molecular heterogeneity of glioblastoma and enhance specimen’s translational research value. Frontiers in Oncology. 2019; 9.
- Soroceanu L, Chang J, Sidorov M, Ayala AM, Zusman EE, Dickinson LD. Tissue extraction and preservation for glioblastoma specimens used for molecular oncology and personalized therapy studies. Presented at: 2017 Congress of Neurological Surgery Annual Meeting; October 7-11, 2017; Boston MA. https://www.cns.org/meetings/archived-abstracts-detail/Congress-of-Neurological-Surgeons-2017-Annual-Meeting-21772
- Darrigues E, Elberson BW, De Loose A, Lee MP, Green E, Benton AM, et al. Brain tumor biobank development for precision medicine: role of the neurosurgeon. Frontiers in Oncology. 2021; 11:662260. https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2021.662260
- Kumar R, Gont A, Hanson JEL, Cheung AYL, Nicholas G, Woulfe J, et al. Isolating glioblastoma tumor initiating progenitor cells from the subventricular zone using a novel minimally invasive approach. Neuro Oncol. 2014; 16(5):v200.
- Cartwright M. Towards the Development of Personalized Medicine: A Novel Tissue Preservation System for the Automation and Standardization of Brain Tumor Harvesting in a Surgical Setting. FASEB Journal. 2017: 31(1): supplement lb516.