NICO technologies are part of an integrated systems solution to ACCESS, ILLUMINATE, REMOVE, COLLECT and PRESERVE that address unmet needs of the neurosurgeon.
View the NICO Corporate Brochure
SYSTEMS SOLUTION | ACCESS
The Way You Access Matters
NICO Technologies for ACCESS
Enables minimally disruptive, navigable, trans-sulcal access through the subcortical space.
Why Trans-Sulcal Access is Different using BrainPath.
- All tissue is relevant; BrainPath displaces tissue vs disrupting.
- Designed to preserve brain tissue and vasculature during cannulation.
Why a Parafascicular Approach?
- Designed to minimize shear forces applied to primary white matter tracts.
- Designed to maximize fiber tract preservation.
Safely opens the meninges with surgeon control while protecting collateral tissue.
See How meniGLIDE Works
NICO Select-Lock Shepherd’s Hook®
Stabilizes the sheath with the ability to lock into place.
NICO SecureHOLD Retractors®
Retracts and retains the skin with a low-profile, wide-hook design.
SYSTEMS SOLUTION | ILLUMINATE & REMOVE
NICO Technologies for ILLUMINATION & REMOVAL
NICO Myriad NOVUS®
Myriad NOVUS offers enhanced visualization with the multifunctional capabilities of automated resection and intraoperative tissue collection and preservation.
Automated and precise non-ablative, nonthermal resection for tumor and ICH.
Coupled with the Myriad handpiece, the Myriad-LX enables procedural efficiencies, surgeon convenience and improved visualization through xenon light delivery and in-situ tissue identification.
Xenon light delivery when and where it’s needed.
Removes the need for a microscope or external lighting.
Enables flexibility to choose various surgical optics.
SYSTEMS SOLUTION | TISSUE COLLECTION & PRESERVATION
Biological Tissue Preservation
Automated Intraoperative Tissue Harvesting
One seamless, closed-capture system designed to minimize tissue degradation and preserve tissue using the Automated Preservation System (APS). APS puts you on the cutting edge of oncology research.
- Collect higher volumes of tissue.
- Annotate tissue samples by intratumoral location.
- May enable a reduction in sampling error.
No Additional Effort in the Operating Room
NICO Technologies for COLLECTION & PRESERVATION
NICO Automated Preservation System® (APS)
- Standardizes intraoperative tissue collection and biological preservation without a dedicated OR employee to manage the process.
- Real-time immediate refrigeration with the ability to perfuse tissue aids in hydration and creates a desired biological environment for tissue preservation.
Learn About Our Surgical Focus
- Mansour S. et al The use of BrainPath Tubular Retractors in the Management of Deep Brain Lesions: A Review of Current Studies. World Neurosurg. (2020) 134:155-163.